Saturday, November 10, 2007

Spider-Man - The Mark of the Man-Wolf


Track:
Produced by Herb Davidson and Charlotte Saunders. Written by Gerry Conway, art by Gil Kane, Ross Andru, John Romita, and Tony Mortellaro.

Probably the most famous Power Record, it's 70s Spider-Man at his best, full of the action, melodrama, and menace that made the character Marvel's flagship character. Peter Parker was plated by Peter Fernandez, who was most famous as Speed Racer. That blood-curdling scream when Spidey rips the medallion of Man-Wolf might be Power Records' single finest moment.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about this comic-record since I was a kid and had the images of Man-Wolf constantly popup in my head. Been looking for it for years. Thanks for posting!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting this comic and the recording. It brings back fond memories (and some chills) I had as a five year old kid huddled in my room reading the comic and listening along on my family's portable record player. I remember my record would also sometimes start skipping during one of the fight sequences, and the Man Wolf would continue its menacing "Grrrow grrrow grrrow" growl in an audio loop until I would adjust the needle to keep from freaking out too much. Good times.

Anonymous said...

I still have my copy from when I was a kid.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...